Opening this Saturday, April 7th, is a new exhibition I have had the pleasure to curate. Entitled Marvelous Humans, this group show features art inspired by the many human marvels that once lived, or are alive today. I have always been inspired by those who were born with a certain condition, and made the most of it, as well as those that choose to alter their bodies regardless of the negative reactions they would receive. So instead of focusing on these people as “oddities”, I thought it was time for some art to be created that was done with a level of respect. A few of the artists looked to the amazing “Human Marvels” website for inspiration, take a look when you have time.
The reception takes place at the Articulated Gallery in San Francisco from 8-10 PM, and a few of the artists will be in attendance. The Facebook Event page has the full info; please help spread the news. Participating artists include: Apricot Mantle, Casey Weldon, Dan Harding, Dave MacDowell, Edward Cao, Glenn Arthur, Elizabeth Levesque, Jackie Gallagher, Jason Snyder, Jay Doronio, Jessica Ward, Kelly Castillo, Larkin, M Fersner, Patrick Deignan, Peter Adamyan, Richard Frost Robert Bowen, Sandi Calistro, & Scarecrowoven. Take a look at the preview images, and we hope to see you there.
- Preview: “Under the Gun” group show @ Articulated Gallery
- Preview: I See You See x Dan Harding and Joanne Augustine @ Articulated Gallery
- Photos: “Under the Gun” group show @ Articulated Gallery
- Preview: Jackie Gallagher – “Of Melancholy and Monkey Business” @ Articulated Gallery
- Preview: “Ephemeral Antidotes” by Arabella Proffer @ Articulated Gallery