Amid the variety of Halloween related art shows, and the I Want My Music Video Art Show, Thinkspace Gallery opened a group exhibition featuring the work of Stella Im Hultberg, Mari Inukai, Audrey Kawasaki, and Amy Sol entitled In the Wake of Dreams. This show brings new paintings, drawings, and a new print set. Overall the show is as cohesive as it gets, there is no denying that these four artists fit very well together. I love the idea of being able to see the painted style each artist has, and the drawings, especially in the way each artist presents the drawings. With Stella Im Hultberg and Audrey Kawasaki’s drawings, you see only clean, well-planned linework. Each one also adding colored pencil, and in the case of Audrey laser cut sections of the paper. Amy Sol and Mari Inukai have a looser style of drawing, as you are able to see lines that were made while the artist worked out the forms. To me, this style of drawing has a very energetic feel and in a way is as intimate as a signature can be. The show will be up until October 29th.
- Mari Inukai Solo Show at Nucleus Gallery
- Stella Im Hultberg – “Fragmented” @ London Miles Gallery
- Preview: “Hajimari. a prelude” by Audrey Kawasaki @ Jonathan Levine
- Giveaway: “Yuuwaku” print by Audrey Kawasaki from Virtu Gallery
- Shows this weekend: Stella Im Hultberg, Amy Crehore & Movers and Shakers