From a quick glance, Nicoletta Ceccoli‘s porcelain creatures, in their odd, sticky-sweet surroundings seem a bit like illustrations for children’s books. The artist’s palette of childhood pastels and ghostly whites, softly rendered into gentle forms, are nurturing and inviting. This lure gives way quickly, revealing the uncanny, visceral qualities of her creatures’ gestures and facial expressions, belying their innocence and emotively exploring the confusion of adulthood. They are, in their surreality, uncomfortably real.
In connection with Nicoletta Ceccoli’s new exhibition Eye Candy, AFA Gallery is offering up some new, gorgeous, exclusive prints on their site that you can purchase here. Her new original paintings will be on view at AFA from November 17th through February 3rd, 2013.
- “The Elephant’s Journey” print by Nicoletta Ceccoli
- New prints by Nicoletta Ceccoli & Amy Sol @ Virtu Art Gallery
- Giveaway: “The Elephant’s Journey” by Nicoletta Ceccoli
- “Nicoletta Ceccoli and Eric Fortune” @ Roq la Rue
- Shows this weekend: Mark Bodnar, Amy Sol, Stella Im Hultberg & Nicoletta Ceccoli