All weekend long, if you are in San Francisco you might want to stop over to the Concourse and check out the Alternative Press Expo. It will be filled with all sorts of indie comics, and there will of course be the original art and prints that many of these artists will no doubt have with them.
I love indie, self published comics, but it is really the art/prints that I am going to see. So I have put together a little list of some of the artists that you will be able to check out at the show. I am told it is not very big, nothing like SDCC, so finding some of these artists shouldn’t be too hard in case I wasn’t able to get the table number they are at.
– Food One, Dave Crosland & Scott Morse will be at #314, and then later that night at the Space Gallery on Polk for a live art with screen printing on an item you bring.
– Tom Haubs and Ken Garduno will be there, with some original works and a new zine.
– Hi Fructose will be there at #350-351, make sure you stop by to pick up some back issues.
– Lesley Reppeteaux & Daryll Peirce will be at table #119
– Alex Pardee will be there with ZeroFriends at #150. Bunnywith 2 will be sold, and a new 8″ x 10″ print that looks amazing.
– Ben Walker will be at table #446
– Camilla d’Errico will be at table #272, with some prints, keychains and books.
– David Choong Lee will be at #254-255
– IDW Publishing will be at booth #331-332, and I think Ben Templesmith will be signing.
– Jim Mahfood will be at table #314
– Jeremy Tinder will be at #349 with his new “Papercutter” book
– Tom Neely will be at #360-361 with some books
Along with the A.P.E there is also two shows opening that go along with the Expo.
At Varnish Art, the group show “Crom” opens. It’s all work inspired by the Conan movies from the artists that are there for APE. The show opens at 7pm and will have work from N8 Van Dyke, Jon Wayshak, Alex Pardee and many more. Check it out
Also, Panelists IV opens at Giant Robot SF at 6:30pm – 10pm. The show will feature work from such comic artists as: Allison Cole, Matt Furie, David Horvath, Mats!?, Tom Neely, Jeremy Tinder and many others. Check it out Here